My Simple and Delicious Tuna Dip is creamy, full of flavour and takes just minutes to prepare! When homemade is this easy and tasty, there is no need for shop bought dip. Best of all, when preparing from scratch, you will know exactly what goes into your food, and you can adjust the flavours to your liking.
I mention in my recipe for Tuna and Potato Patties that canned tuna is a pantry staple in my household!
Therefore, this Simple and Delicious Tuna Dip is something that I can easily prepare anytime.
To prepare, the dip really is as simple as the title suggests – and I promise you, it is delicious to eat, too!
I begin by draining the can of tuna, to remove the excess oil or water. My preference for this dip is to use tuna in oil, as I feel it has greater flavour. I add the drained tuna to a small blender, along with the remaining ingredients. These are a good quality whole egg mayonnaise, parsley, spring onion, cayenne pepper and lemon zest. Blend until your ingredients are well combined, and you have achieved a smooth consistency.
Serve the dip in a bowl, and garnish with parsley, spring onion and capers.
Do you love dip as much as we do? If so, in addition to our Tuna Dip recipe, I recommend having a look at these other fabulous dip recipes:
- Whipped Feta
- Roasted Capsicum Pesto
- Green Goddess Dip
- Easy Hummus
- Caramelised Onion Dip
- The Best Baba Ganoush
- Avocado, Yoghurt and Mint Dip
- Roasted Carrot Hummus
- Cannellini Bean Dip
- Smoked Salmon Pate
I would love to know your thoughts on my Simple and Delicious Tuna Dip.
Be sure to let me know in the comments below what you think, and if you’ve tried any of our other dip recipes.
Simple and Delicious Tuna Dip
- 185 g canned tuna in oil I use Sirena
- 1 tsp lemon zest grated
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise good quality whole egg
- 1/2 tsp cayenne optional
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves chopped
- 1 spring/green onion some white and green part, chopped
- parsley, spring onions, lemon zest and/or capers
- Prepare your ingredients:Drain your tuna of any excess oil or water.Zest your lemon. Chop your parsley and spring onion.
- Place all of the ingredients into a small blender, and blend until the dip has reached a smooth consistency.
- Serve in a bowl with a garnish of parsley, spring onion, capers or lemon zest. (Or all of the above!)
- I prefer to use tuna in oil for this dip, as I love the flavour.
- This dip can be prepared the day before it is required. (Do not garnish until serving)
- Use a good quality mayonnaise.