You will love this Avocado, Yoghurt and Mint Dip. It is light, silky smooth and refreshing as well as being incredibly easy to make. Here I have combined two of my favourite ingredients, creamy avocado and tangy Greek yoghurt. I have boosted their flavour with the addition of lime juice and mint. If you’re looking for a healthy snack or appetiser, this is the recipe for you.
Why we love this recipe:
Our Avocado, Yoghurt and Mint Dip contains just 5 ingredients and is so simple and quickly made.
Children also love this dip and if you serve it with a colourful selection of sliced vegetables it is a great, healthy snack.
When I’m entertaining, be it for pre-dinner drinks or at a family barbecue, I often serve a trio of dips. This is a popular appetiser and always creates a relaxed atmosphere. I like to make sure that I have a variety of colours and flavours, each complementing but contrasting with the other. Listed below you will find a selection of our dips which would be ideal if you like this suggestion.
Ingredients in this recipe:
Please see the recipe card further along in the post for exact quantities of ingredients and the full method.
Avocado – the base of this delicious dip.
Greek yoghurt – I use this instead of cream or mayonnaise to give the dip a creamy texture without the high-fat content.
Lime juice – freshly squeezed juice adds great tangy flavour.
Mint leaves – add a vibrant, fresh flavour.
Sea salt – I like to use sea salt flakes. For the best flavour, avoid table salt or iodised salt. Add to suit your taste.
Step by step instructions:
- Peel and cut the avocado into large cubes. Place it in the bowl of a small food processor along with the Greek Yoghurt and freshly squeezed lime juice.
- Blend to combine.
- Then, add the finely sliced mint leaves and blend again.
- Season to taste with sea salt flakes. Turn into a serving dish and garnish with a few mint leaves. Serve with crackers and crudites.
Tips for success and FAQs:
This delicious dip has many uses. We love to:
- Serve it with pita chips or crackers and crudités;
- Use it as a creamy topping for tacos or nachos;
- Thin it with a little water and use it as a low-fat salad dressing.;
- Spread on Crostini and top with smoked salmon, a roll of prosciutto or Roasted Cherry Tomatoes.
- As a condiment to my Greek Style Chicken or with my Cheese and Herb Filo Pie.
- Use it as a spread on a sandwich in place of butter or mayonnaise.
Ideally, my Creamy Avocado, Yoghurt and Mint dip is best made just before serving as the avocado will oxidise and become brown over time. However, the inclusion of the lime juice and yoghurt does slow it down a little but will not prevent it. If you do want to make it an hour or two in advance, press cling wrap down on the surface of the dip so there are no air pockets.
I am delighted to assure you that it is. Avocados are nutrient-dense. They are an excellent source of heart-healthy monounsaturated fat, dietary fibre as well as a variety of health-benefiting vitamins and minerals. We have blended the flesh with Greek yoghurt which adds protein and probiotics.
More delicious recipes for you to try:
Here are some more of our favourite dip recipes. Try a few of them today, and create a delicious dip platter!
- Whipped Feta
- Roasted Capsicum Pesto
- Green Goddess Dip
- Easy Hummus
- The Best Baba Ganoush
- Simple Tuna Dip
- Homemade Onion Dip
- Or, view our collection of dip recipes here.
If you’re looking for a healthy snack or fuss-free appetiser, I encourage you to try my Avocado, Yoghurt and Mint Dip. It is smooth and creamy with fresh, vibrant flavour. One of the great advantages of this recipe is how easy it is to make. Just put the 5 ingredients into a small blender and whiz to combine. That’s it; it could not be simpler!
This post was originally published in December 2018. It has been updated with new photos and more information. The recipe remains the same.
Avocado, Yoghurt and Mint Dip
- 1 large avocado – peeled, pitted and cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup Greek yoghurt (plain)
- 2 tsp lime juice – freshly squeezed See Notes 1 and 2
- 1/4 cup mint leaves – finely chopped
- sea salt – to taste See Notes 2 and 3
- In the bowl of a small blender or food processor, place the avocado, Greek yoghurt and lime juice. – See Note 4
- Blend the ingredients to combine. They should be smooth and creamy. Add the finely sliced mint leaves to the bowl of the food processor.Add salt flakes to taste, and briefly blend again.
- Turn the avocado mixture into a serving bowl.Top with a few mint leaves for garnish.Serve with crackers, corn chips, toasted pita bread or crudites.The dip is best made shortly before serving.
- To obtain the bright, fresh flavour of lime juice, I prefer fresh lime over the bottled variety.
- Adjust the flavours to suit your palate. Add more salt or lime juice if necessary.
- I like to use sea salt flakes. For the best flavour, use sea salt; avoid iodised or table salt.
- If you don’t have a blender or food processor, place the avocado in a medium bowl and mash. Add the yoghurt, lime juice and salt. It will not have the creaminess which is obtained by using a blender or food processor, but it will still be delicious.
- Please note, the nutritional information is based on the dip serving four people. It does not include what it is served with. Please note, the nutritional information is an estimate only.