Caramelised Onion Dip is a simple and delicious dip – and one that the whole family will enjoy!
I’m sharing this recipe with you and Erica from Bring Your Own Kombucha! I thought this recipe would perfect for her to suggest to readers for a delicious snack to enjoy whilst watching the football.
I love food that has been designed for sharing. It is without a doubt my favourite way to eat. I love a good variety of food. And I also am a firm believer that sharing food with loved ones is a wonderful bonding experience.
One of my favourite share foods is my Caramelised Onion Dip.
The dip is just five ingredients (one of these even being pepper!) It makes a generous quantity, perfect for a crowd.
Using a small food processor or blender, I firstly soften the cream cheese and then add the remaining ingredients. If you don’t have a food processor, you could easily do this by hand. I top the finished product with a little fresh thyme for a lovely colour contrast.
This dip has become a firm favourite in my household – it takes only minutes to prepare and is utterly delicious, rich and creamy.
Serve the Caramelised Onion Dip with crackers, toasted bread, or some celery and carrot sticks. It is a crowd pleaser!
P.S. Don’t forget to check out our other dip recipes:
- Whipped Feta
- Roasted Capsicum Pesto
- Green Goddess Dip
- Easy Hummus
- The Best Baba Ganoush
- Simple and Delicious Tuna Dip
- Avocado, Yoghurt and Mint Dip
- Roasted Carrot Hummus
- Cannellini Bean Dip
- Smoked Salmon Pate
Caramelised Onion Dip
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 250 g cream cheese softened
- 2/3 cup caramelised onion jam
- 2 tsp fresh thyme finely chopped, plus more for garnish (optional)
- ground black pepper to taste
- Take cream cheese out of the fridge in advance to allow it to soften.Place in blender, whiz until it is smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients to the blender and combine until smooth.
- Place dip in a serving dish, and garnish with fresh thyme.Serve with your choice of biscuits/crudites.