Creamy Whipped Feta – a delicious dip that you can make super fast!
With just a few ingredients this simple, tasty feta dip is quickly made.
When I think of feta I think of a very tasty, crumbly cheese, delicious to eat and essential to a Greek salad. However, its essential crumbly characteristic means it’s almost impossible to use as a topping for crostini or bruschetta as it just won’t stay put. Enter whipped feta. Whipped feta is a revelation; it is a quick and easy spread that’s ideal for appetisers or snacks.
Creamy Whipped Feta is delicious as a dip served with crudites and toasted pita bread. Or spread it on a toasted baguette to make crostini. I like to top the crostini with roasted cherry tomatoes or slices of fresh apple drizzled with honey. Use it instead of butter on a sandwich. The options are endless.
Whizzing the ingredients in a small food processor transforms the crumbly feta into a deliciously creamy, tangy dip with an airy, light texture.
I have topped the dip with toasted sesame seeds, chilli flakes, lemon zest and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. I have listed possible alternatives below.
A friend of mine recently tried the recipe topped with chilli oil – I love this idea, and look forward to trying it soon myself!
Want to serve another dip with our Creamy Whipped Feta?
Here are some more fantastic recipes for you to try:
- Roasted Capsicum Pesto
- Simple and Delicious Tuna Dip
- Green Goddess Dip
- Easy Hummus
- Caramelised Onion Dip
- The Best Baba Ganoush
- Avocado, Yoghurt and Mint Dip
- Roasted Carrot Hummus
- Cannellini Bean Dip
- Smoked Salmon Pate
- Be sure to read more about our other Tasty Dips for Entertaining, also!
Enjoy, and do let us know in the comments below when you give our Creamy Whipped Feta a try!
xx Alex and Faye
- 180 g feta at room temperature
- 80 g cream cheese at room temperature
- 3 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp sesame seeds toasted
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/4 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp olive oil extra virgin
- Put feta, cream cheese, olive oil and lemon zest into a food processor. Blend together until ingredients are well mixed, smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to a serving dish.
- Heat a small frying pan over medium heat, add the sesame seeds and toast to a light golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Top the whipped feta with sesame seeds, chilli flakes, lemon zest and drizzle with the olive oil. Refrigerate if not using immediately.z
- I generally use Danish feta as it is very smooth and creamy. If you’re using a drier feta it may be necessary to use more cream cheese or olive oil to thin it to blend.
- Be sure to bring the whipped feta to room temperature for serving.