Last Updated on
My Smoked Salmon Pate is a delicious appetiser. It is a dish that you can prepare in just ten minutes, or less if you work quickly!! I love to serve this when I have friends or family over – even those who are not huge seafood fans can’t resist this creamy, flavoursome dip!
For this recipe, I use Hot Smoked Salmon pieces, which provide a delicious flavour to the pate.
I prefer to use this as opposed to regular cold Smoked Salmon slices. I find that the Hot Smoked Salmon has a better texture. It is also delicious flaked into salads, such as my Broccoli Stem and Carrot Salad. Whereas, in my recipe for Smoked Salmon Bread Tartlets, I prefer to use the cold smoked variety. The difference between the two varieties lies in the smoking temperature.
To prepare this delicious appetiser is simple.
I begin by removing the skin from the salmon pieces. I then place all of the ingredients into a small blender. The pate is blended until a smooth consistency. I then place it into a serving dish and garnish with some spring onions or chives and cayenne pepper.
This dish can be prepared the day before it is required; I recommend garnishing just before serving.
It is perfect served with a glass of champagne or wine! I like to serve with some toasted bread and crudites.
Do you love pate and dip as much as we do? If so, in addition to this recipe, I recommend having a look at these other fabulous dip recipes:
- Whipped Feta
- Roasted Capsicum Pesto
- Green Goddess Dip
- Easy Hummus
- Caramelised Onion Dip
- The Best Baba Ganoush
- Avocado, Yoghurt and Mint Dip
- Roasted Carrot Hummus
- Cannellini Bean Dip
So do tell me, will you give this Smoked Salmon Pate a try? Let me know in the comments below what you think!
Smoked Salmon Pate
- 150 g hot smoked salmon pieces or trout
- 1 tsp butter cold
- 1 1/2 tsp brandy or cognac
- 1/3 cup thickened cream
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- cayenne pepper and spring onion optional
- Peel the skin from your smoked salmon pieces. Discard the skin.
- Put all of the ingredients into a small blender, and blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Put the pate in a serving dish, and garnish with cayenne pepper and/or finely sliced spring onion. I like to serve with toasted bread, but it is also delicious with crackers or crudites.