Last Updated on
Easy Strawberry Sauce – a delicious addition to any dessert!
With strawberry season almost here in Australia, I would like to share this quick and easy recipe for a delicious strawberry sauce. One of the great advantages of making things at home is that you know exactly what they contain and you get to make them just the way you like them.
For me, I’m very happy knowing the sauce does not contain artificial flavours, thickeners or preservatives.
The sauce contains beautifully fresh, aromatic strawberries, lemon juice and a small amount of sugar. Lemon is a great flavour booster and balances the sweetness of the sauce. You can mash the strawberries to a puree or, as I have done, stirred a few pieces in at the end so the sauce has some texture.
This easy recipe produces maximum strawberry flavour. Adding some of this delicious sauce will enhance many desserts, making the simplest feel special. Spoon some over my No-Churn Vanilla Ice Cream for a speedy dessert.
I also like to serve the sauce with Greek yoghurt, pancakes, waffles or alongside my Almond Cake or Baked Cheesecake. I haven’t yet tried it but I think it would also be delicious on a fresh-from-the-oven scone with a dollop of cream.
Believe me, your friends and family will thank you when you serve this sauce.
Xx Alex and Faye
Easy Strawberry Sauce
- 500 gm strawberries fresh
- 1/3 cup sugar granulated
- 1 tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- Cut 6 medium sized strawberries into quarters lengthways and set aside.Roughly slice the remainder.
- In a medium non-reactive saucepan*, combine sliced strawberries, sugar and fresh lemon juice.Place the pan over a low-medium heat and bring the mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally. The strawberries will naturally release their juice.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Roughly mash the strawberries with a potato masher.
Add the 6 quartered strawberries which you have set aside.
- Stir and simmer for 5 minutes more.Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.*