Last Updated on
Baked Cheesecake may seem like a difficult dessert to make, but I assure you it is not!
To be perfectly honest, full disclosure here – I must say, I LOVE Cheesecake. It is one of my favourite desserts to make (and eat!) – and I hope it will become yours, also! Baked Cheesecake is definitely my favourite of the Cheesecake varieties 🙂
I love a make-ahead dessert – especially when entertaining.
At the end of the night, no one wants to be standing in the kitchen whipping up a last-minute dessert! This dessert can be made the day before even – it definitely will not let you down!
It is divinely creamy, without being too heavy – with the freshness of lemon and berries – this is one dessert that is simple to make and looks gorgeous. It is a real show stopper dessert – yet so easy to pull off. A simple fruit topping is a perfect way to make this look extra special!
This is one of my favourite desserts to make for a dinner party – it is always a hit with friends and family. I usually like to make it the morning of a dinner party, or if I am extra organised, the night before. Then, shortly before serving I will decorate it with whipped cream and berries. The best part about the topping? If your cake does crack, as can happen when baking this dessert, the cream and fruit cover it up nicely – no one will ever know!
Enjoy this simple and delicious recipe for Baked Cheesecake, and thank you for following along with the blog.
We look forward to sharing an endless supply of delicious recipes and ideas with you.
P.S. You might like to serve this with my Easy Strawberry Sauce!
- 155 g plain sweet biscuits eg: granita, rice cookies, digestives
- 70 g butter melted
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 500 g cream cheese softened
- 220 g caster sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- zest of one lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 eggs
- Lightly grease a 20 cm spring form tin with butter.
- Crush biscuits and combine with melted butter and cinnamon.
- Press firmly into the base of the buttered tin – use your fingers/back of a spoon to aid you.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to firm the base.
- Preheat your oven to 150 Degrees Celsius (300 Fahrenheit).
- In a food processor or using a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth – this is essential to avoid lumps in your cheesecake!
- Add in the sugar, and mix until well combined. Add the remaining ingredients, and mix until smooth.
- Pour onto your biscuit base, and bake in your preheated oven for 40-50 minutes.
- Your cheesecake should be just set, and still have a slight wobble. Turn off the oven, and leave the door ajar slightly. Allow cheesecake to cool in the oven (to avoid it cracking).
- Remove from oven and chill completely in the fridge. Once chilled, remove from the tin, and place on a plate or cake stand. Decorate with cream and berries. Enjoy!