Last Updated on
Easy Almond Cake – this is a dessert which is sure to impress!
This cake completely destroys the notion that a packet cake mix is the fastest and easiest way to go. This is one of the easiest cake recipes ever and it produces amazing results.
I love a recipe that’s easy to prepare, tastes good and can be used in a number of ways. This fabulous cake more than adequately meets those criteria, and it can also be made gluten-free. It is deceptively simple; so quick to make that you can have it prepared by the time the oven pre-heats. Using just a few ingredients produces results which are pleasantly surprising.
The cake is rich and buttery, slightly crisp on the outside, soft and tender on the inside.
It has a definite almond flavour but if this is not to your ideal you may want to reduce the almond extract, perhaps to 1 teaspoon. With just 5 ingredients, you’ll be delighted by the result. It requires no leavening agent so the cake does not rise a great deal but it still turns out deliciously moist.
It’s extremely versatile, the uncomplicated flavours making it perfect to serve along with a cup of coffee. The other side of its personality is that it can take on a sophisticated demeanour when served as a dessert with berries and whipped cream.
More delicious cake recipes:
- Gluten-Free Carrot Cake
- Easy Blueberry Cake
- Chocolate Sour Cream Cake
- Pear and Raspberry Cake
- Peach Almond Olive Oil Cake by A Baking Journey
Please try it and let us know if you do.
xx Alex and Faye
Easy Almond Cake
- 1/2 cup butter (115gm) – melted
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup plain flour I used Orgran Gluten Free (normal flour is fine)
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 tsp almond extract
- 3 tbsp sliced almonds
- dusting of icing sugar to serve
- Preheat oven to 180 Degrees C (350 F).
- Lightly grease and line the base of an 8” spring-form cake pan.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan or microwave in a glass bowl. Allow to cool.
- Using a stand mixer, a hand held electric mixer or a whisk, beat the eggs and butter together in a bowl. You can use the same bowl if you microwaved the butter.
- Add flour, sugar and almond extract and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and sprinkle sliced almonds over the top. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick placed into the centre comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool completely, transfer to a serving dish and dust with icing sugar if desired.