Last Updated on
Sometimes, a warming bowl of soup is exactly what I crave. My Roasted Carrot Soup with Coconut is nourishing, flavoursome and simple to prepare.
Since commencing my food blogging journey, I have been delighted with the connections I have made.
I regularly communicate with bloggers worldwide, and although we haven’t met in person, I hold them very close to my heart. Does it Work? by Natalie is a blog I started to follow many months ago. Natalie is on a wellness journey and shares her findings, tips and tricks on her blog. Immediately, I felt a connection with Natalie, as we share many of the same values and beliefs.
Today I share with you my recipe for Roasted Carrot Soup with Coconut, which I have written for Natalie’s blog.
I chose the humble carrot as my star ingredient for several reasons:
- They’re a great pantry staple to have on hand as they make the ideal snack. When you roast the carrots, you will find they get a slight caramel flavour. This works beautifully in the soup and also my Sweet and Sour Carrot Salad;
- Carrots contain vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and fibre;
- They provide the soup with an enticing colour;
- It seems like an appropriate choice for this time of year, with Easter just around the corner!
Much like my Roasted Carrot Hummus, I begin the soup preparation by washing, peeling and chopping my carrots.
I roast the carrots with a little olive oil and a sprinkling of salt. Once they are cooked through, I remove them from the oven. I saute
Do you love soup as much as I do? If so, you simply must check out these recipes also:
- Potato Soup
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Soup
- Broccoli and Potato Soup
- Roasted Capsicum Soup with Basil Oil
I hope you will enjoy my Roasted Carrot Soup with Coconut – be sure to let me know in the comments below when you try it. And, remember to stop by to say hi to Natalie also!
Roasted Carrot Soup with Coconut
- 500 g carrots peeled and chopped
- 3 tsp olive oil 2 tsp for roasted, 1 tsp for frying
- 1 medium brown onion sliced into half moons
- 1 clove garlic you can chop or leave whole
- 1/4 tsp dried coriander
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup coconut milk
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- spring onions/scallions or chives optional
- Preheat your oven to 200 Degrees C (390 F).Chop carrots into small pieces (approximately 1 inch/2.5 cm).Place in a roasting dish with 2 teaspoons of oil and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Roast the carrots for approximately 35 minutes, or until they are tender.Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Add 1 teaspoon of oil to a saucepan.Chop your onion into half moons. Add the onions and your garlic clove to the oil, and cook until the onion is translucent. Add your carrots to the onion mixture, along with your spices and vegetable stock.
- Blend your mixture to a smooth consistency. Add the coconut milk and check your seasoning.Serve with a garnish of spring onion/scallions or chives.