My Roasted Capsicum Soup with Basil Oil is so comforting to eat. The delicious combination of red peppers, tomato and onion roasted to perfection offers a delightfully sweet and comforting taste. I love to serve this soup with a basil oil which takes seconds to make. The flavours complement each other so well, and the colour is so vibrant!
Aside from being delicious, red capsicum has a lot of health benefits! They’re a great source of Vitamin A, B6 and C, and are packed full of antioxidants. I enjoy eating capsicum both raw and cooked. Serve strips of capsicum on a dip platter or add to your salad for a burst of colour. Capsicum is a great addition to pasta sauces and on pizza. Fill halved peppers with a delicious array of ingredients and roast – such as our Piedmontese Roasted Peppers.
I hope that my Roasted Capsicum Soup with Basil Oil will become a new favourite in your household. Do let me know in the comments below if you try it.
Roasted Capsicum Soup with Basil Oil
For the soup –
- 2 red capsicums bell peppers
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 2 medium brown onions
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- salt and pepper to taste
Basil oil –
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil extra virgin
- Preheat your oven to 200 Degrees C (390 F).Line a sheet pan with foil.
- Halve your red peppers and remove the seeds and membrane.Peel and halve your onions.Quarter your tomatoes.
- Place the peppers, onions and tomatoes on your sheet pan, and drizzle with olive oil, oregano and salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Place the cooked vegetables in either a blender or a saucepan (if you have an immersion blender). Add the vegetable stock, and blend until a smooth consistency.
- To make the basil oil, place the basil and oil in a small blender or food processor and whiz until smooth.
- Check to make sure the seasoning is to your liking.Serve soup with a drizzle of the basil oil. Enjoy!