A refreshing drink, my Pineapple Iced Tea is easy to prepare, and an ideal drink for a warm day or when you’re after a tasty non-alcoholic beverage! Make a pitcher today!
Why we love this recipe:
This Pineapple Iced Tea is incredibly quick and easy to make. Throughout the summer I like to keep a pitcher of this crisp and cool drink in my refrigerator; it is refreshing and satisfying, the ideal drink to quench a thirst on a hot summer’s day.
But it’s not just in summer that I like to serve this drink. If the weather is dull and gloomy a glass of this Pineapple Iced Tea immediately boosts spirits as it evokes a tropical atmosphere.
Also, in cooler weather a lot of people have difficulty adequately hydrating themselves. Plain water is simply not appealing so this drink is helpful in this regard.
There are many occasions when you can serve this sweet tea. This recipe is family friendly so you can serve it to your children and their friends, take on a picnic, or to a potluck. As well, if you’re hosting a party a good host will always have a non-alcoholic drink to serve.
Ingredients in this recipe:
Green tea bags – we love the floral taste of green tea in this recipe. It works well with the sweetness of the pineapple juice.
Water – use filtered/un-chlorinated water for the best taste.
Pineapple Juice – make sure to use 100% juice and not from a concentrate.
Sugar – use either regular or caster/superfine sugar.
Ice – the drink is delicious served over ice.
Step by Step instructions:
This Pineapple Iced Tea is super easy to prepare! I like to gather all of my ingredients first.
- In a saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Pour the sugar in the water and stir until dissolved.
Remove from the heat and add the tea bags. Leave them to steep for about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags, squeezing them free of the excess water. Stir in the pineapple juice.
- Place in a pitcher and chill.
- Add ice and enjoy!
Tips for Success and FAQs:
This simple recipe can be adapted in a few different ways – read on below for tips for success.
For best results, we recommend making this Pineapple Iced Tea the day you serve it. It will, however, last for up to 3 days in the fridge.
Yes, you could use Stevia or Swerve. Add the sweetener to suit your desired sweetness.
Yes, you could use black tea, white tea or even experiment with herbal flavours.
Other fruit juices will work also very well. You could, for example, use orange or pomegranate. Choose fresh juices or all-natural juices, and not a concentrate.
The bitterness comes from tannins. In general, the longer the tea is brewed the more tannins will be released. Also, it is important to start with good quality tea. Poor quality tea is more likely to be bitter.
Other great recipes for you to try:
The Pineapple Iced Tea is the perfect drink to enjoy on a warm day. Celebrate with friends or family, and enjoy some of our other favourite warm weather recipes:
- Roasted Cherry Tomato Caprese Salad
- Quinoa Tabouli
- Greek Style Chicken and Salsa
- Pea and Mint Dip
- Quick and Easy Lemon Ice Cream
- Key Lime Pie
- Fresh Pineapple Crisp
This Pineapple Iced Tea is a refreshing drink which I am sure you will love. Let me know in the comments below when you have given it a try!
Pineapple Iced Tea
- 4 cups filtered water See Note 1
- 10 green tea bags See Note 2
- 1 cup pineapple juice See Note 3
- ½ cup sugar (or to taste) See Note 4
- ice, to serve
For accuracy, we recommend weighing your ingredients. This will produce the best results.
- In a pot/saucepan, bring the water to a boil.
- Pour the sugar in the water, and stir until dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and add the tea bags. Leave them to steep for about 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in the pineapple juice.
- Place into a pitcher, and allow to cool slightly at room temperature before refrigerating.
- When serving, add ice and enjoy!
- It is essential to use filtered/un-chlorinated water – this will give you the best taste.
- We have used green tea bags in this recipe, but you can certainly experiment with other kinds of tea.
- Be sure to use fresh pineapple juice, and not concentrate. If you would like to make your own pineapple juice, use a juicer and juice half of a large pineapple. This makes about a cup of juice, maybe a touch more.
- To make this keto-friendly, change the sugar to a granulated sugar substitute such as Swerve.
If you prefer a sweeter or less sweet drink, add a little less/more sugar.
- The serving size and nutritional information is based on an approximate one cup serve per person. This recipe makes approximately five cups of iced tea.
The nutritional information is an estimate only, and is derived from online calculators. For accurate results, we recommend calculating the nutritional information based on the ingredients and brands you use.
This is delicious in the summer time and is a delicious drink to have to refresh.😊
Hi Louise, thank you so much for your lovely comment on the Pineapple Iced Tea. I am so pleased that you enjoy it. 🙂
So refreshing and delicious!
Thank you, Addie!
This has been my favorite drink to enjoy this summer! I make a big batch of it and keep it in the fridge with some mint leaves. It’s so refreshing and I love the flavor of pineapple. So good! Definitely give this a try!
Patricia, I love that this Pineapple Iced Tea is a great way to remain hydrated and I am so pleased that you are enjoying it. It’s so delicious with mint leaves, they add such lovely fresh flavour. 🙂
Yum it is very refreshing and delicious with the iced tea and pineapple flavours. Perfect for the summer time!
Thanks, Christie! 🙂 I am pleased you like this iced tea!