Potato Soup – creamy, delicious – and vegan!! Simple to make, and a meal for all to enjoy.
It’s Winter here in Australia, and what better way to warm up than with a hearty bowl of soup. There’s not a can or a packet insight here, however!
Introducing my Potato Soup.
This soup can be on your table in under 20 minutes. It’s so simple and cheap to make, and chances are you’ll have the ingredients in your store cupboard. If not, you can always improvise! Add other vegetables of your liking, fresh herbs of your choice – make this meal your own!
Soup is so versatile – this simple recipe is vegan, but for all you meat lovers out there, stir through some crispy bacon strips to add a nice contrast. For a bit of added texture, I recommend serving with some croutons or toasted bread.
I like to make a large batch of the soup and freeze the extras for a quick lunch or dinner! It is great to have on hand.
So tell me, do you love soup as much as we do? If so, once you have tried our Potato Soup, you will have to give these ones a go too:
- Broccoli and Potato Soup
- Roasted Carrot Soup with Coconut
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Soup
- Roasted Capsicum Soup with Basil Oil
- Or, have a look at our roundup of Simple Soups here!
- 500 g potatoes
- 1 brown onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- pepper freshly ground (to taste)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Peel potatoes and chop into cubes.
- Finely chop onion and sweat for five minutes in olive oil.
- Add crushed garlic clove and cook for a further one minute.
- Add potatoes and toss through the onion mixture.
- Add vegetable stock. Simmer for approximately 8 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Using an immersion blender or similar, blend soup until smooth.
- Serve with garnish of your choice. (Eg: chives/spring onions)