If you’re looking for a delicious gluten-free brownie recipe, this is the one for you. This delicious treat does come with a warning; these brownies are rich and irresistible! 🙂
If you like your brownies to be fudgy not cakey, this fits the bill. They are incredibly easy to make, and even though they are gluten-free, nobody will ever know.
This simple recipe begins by melting the chocolate and butter in a bowl over a saucepan of barely simmering water.
The bowl is removed from the heat, the sugar mixed in, followed by the eggs, flour, vanilla and finally the chocolate chips.
Many brownie recipes contain nuts, but I prefer to not use them. I think their texture detracts from the luscious fudginess, but that is my preference, and you may like to add some chopped walnuts or macadamias.
The time you bake the brownie is critical and will vary according to the individual oven. Check after 30 minutes, then every five minutes after that. Use a very thin skewer to test. You don’t want it to come out completely clean, but the mixture should not appear raw. To achieve the desired fudgy centre the skewer needs to come out with a little stickiness. It will continue cooking a little further after removing from the oven. The top will have risen slightly, the edges will feel cooked and the centre soft but not liquid. Unfortunately, if you treat it like a cake and the skewer comes out clean it will be overcooked.
Leave the brownie to cool before cutting; it does need time to settle. The brownie will have a shiny, crispy, cracked top and a rich, fudgy centre.
My Decadent Chocolate Brownies are delicious served with tea or coffee or perfect for a quick snack. I also like to serve them warm for dessert with my No-Churn Vanilla Ice Cream; I enjoy the contrast of warm and cold, the ice cream slowly melting onto the warm brownie. Bliss!
Decadent Gluten Free Chocolate Brownies
- 125 gm dark chocolate I use a 70% cocoa cooking chocolate
- 150 gm butter
- 270 gm light brown sugar
- 3 eggs medium sized and beaten
- 130 gm white chocolate chips
- 100 gm milk chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 50 gm rice flour *
- 50 gm corn flour
- Preheat your oven to 180 Degrees C (350 F)
- Line a 27cm x 18cm (11″ x 7″) tin with baking paper.
- Put the chocolate & butter into a large bowl & place over a pan of barely simmering water. Melt chocolate & butter then remove from heat.
- Stir sugar into melted chocolate and butter and mix well.
- Add the eggs, 1 at a time, to the mix and mix well. Keep beating until all the eggs are fully incorporated.
- Add chocolate chips & vanilla & mix well.
- Sift the flours together and stir them in, making sure all ingredients are combined.
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake in the centre of the oven for approximately 40 minutes.To check when they are ready, use a very thin skewer or toothpick. You don’t want it to come out completely clean, but the mixture should not appear raw. To achieve the desired fudgy centre the skewer needs to come out with a little stickiness. The brownie will continue cooking a little further after removing from the oven. Don’t look for the skewer to come out clean; the brownie will be overcooked at that stage.
- When cooked, remove the tin from the oven and leave the brownie in the tin until completely cool. Cut brownie into pieces and enjoy!