Pepperoni Pastries – two ingredients to a delightful canape that is sure to delight your family and friends!
I adore simple recipes, and this one is no exception. Let’s face it, it doesn’t get much more simple than this.
Although simple, Pepperoni Pastries do not lack on flavour! They are a taste sensation. Make them your own – I also like to serve my Pepperoni Pastries with a dollop of basil pesto, or a sprinkle or parmesan cheese.
They are fantastic for entertaining and are great made in advance or at the last minute. You can enjoy the Pepperoni Pastries straight from the oven, or once they have cooled down.
This is the second of three recipes that I have written for Erica from Bring Your Own Kombucha. If you saw my post yesterday, you would have read about my excitement at collaborating with her for a series of recipes perfect for the American Football season. (Or any other celebration or entertaining occasion too, of course!) 🙂
I wanted to create a quick savoury bite that takes minutes to create, which is why I am so excited to share this recipe with you.
Please let me know what you think of these tasty morsels in the comments! If you missed my post yesterday, you can check it out here: Caramel Fudge
- 140 g salami or pepperoni
- 180 g butter puff pastry I used one sheet of Pampas
- Preheat your oven to 220 Degrees C (430 F)
- Using a cookie or pastry cutter, cut small rounds of pastry out – the size may depend on the size of the pepperoni/salami you are using. For this recipe, I used a 5cm cutter. It yields approximately 20 pastries from one sheet of puff pastry.Prick the pastry a couple of times with a fork.
- Slice your salami into thin slices.
- Top pastry with salami.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Place on a cooling rack if not serving immediately, otherwise – enjoy!