Easily make your own Pumpkin Spice Mix – so delicious, great for many recipes and a lovely homemade gift.
Why we love this recipe:
Our Pumpkin Spice is made from four of the very best ground spices. Their delicious flavours combine to provide a warming addition to many delicious sweet treats and baked goods.
Along with Pumpkin Puree, I have found that a Pumpkin Spice Mix is not readily available in Australia. Further, it couldn’t be easier to make, it tastes better when made fresh, and it is also much more economical to make your own blend!
This Pumpkin Spice Recipe was given to my Mum many years ago by an American friend. When my Mum was in her early 20s, she spent some time travelling around America and discovered some of their delicious fall desserts.
The quantity of the recipe is easily adaptable to whatever requirements you have – the recipe yields a small batch of spice, however, works well when doubled or tripled if you love to use this spice mix as much as we do!
It has a delicious balance of flavours, and we just love to use it in so many preparations.
Ingredients in this recipe:
Please see the recipe card further along in the post for exact quantities of ingredients and the full method.
- Ground Cinnamon
- Ground Ginger
- Ground Cloves
- Ground Nutmeg
Step by Step Instructions:
This is a very simple recipe – combine your spices together and mix well! You have now made your own delicious Pumpkin Spice Mix.
Tips for Success and FAQs:
To ensure your Pumpkin Spice has the best flavour, use the freshest ground spices you can find. If your spices have been open for some time, you may find that they will have lost their vibrancy and be dull in flavour.
When stored in an airtight container, it will last for up to a year. After this time, the flavour will have diminished slightly.
Absolutely – the quantities in the recipewill make a small batch, which is ideal if you are only planning on using it in a couple of preparations. If you are looking to cook up a lot of goodies, then double or triple the recipe as required.
More delicious recipes for you to try:
Enjoy our delicious Pumpkin Spice Mix in so many ways. You can use it in:
- Pumpkin Pie;
- Baked Pumpkin Doughnuts;
- Easy Pumpkin Waffles;
- Spiced Roasted Nuts;
- Baked goods such as cakes and breads.
- Along with our Pumpkin Puree, you will find so many ways to enjoy this delicious spice blend!
Enjoy some of the most quintessential flavours of fall/Autumn, and make a batch of our Pumpkin Spice today! Let me know in the comments below when you have given it a try.
Pumpkin Spice Mix
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon See Note 1
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- Combine all of your ingredients in a small bowl or jar.Store in an air tight container until ready to use.
- The Australian tablespoon is 20ml or 4 teaspoons. In most other countries the tablespoon is 15ml or 3 teaspoons. You may need to adjust your measurements accordingly.
- Ensure you use fresh ground spices for the best flavour.
- This recipe makes 7 teaspoons of Pumpkin Spice.
- Please note, the nutritional information is based on the entire quantity of Pumpkin Spice this recipe makes. The nutritional information is an estimate only.