Almond Croissants are the perfect way to start the day. I believe them to be the ultimate classic sweet breakfast pastry.
I am excited to share that it is no longer beyond the realm of home cooks.
This recipe is re-created using supermarket bought croissants and an easily made almond cream for the filling and topping.
These beautiful Almond Croissants may not be made in the traditional way, however, they are still a sweetly decadent way to start the day be it a leisurely breakfast or when catering a brunch with friends. Enjoy the Almond Croissants with a cup of coffee, or for a more celebratory occasion, a glass of champagne.
The Almond Croissants are very simple to make. I prepare the almond cream in a food processor.
All of the ingredients are added and combined until a smooth cream is formed. Prior to assembling, I recommend warming the croissants in the oven, to allow the almond cream to be more spreadable. Once warmed, a generous quantity of the almond cream is spread in the centre of the croissant. Top the croissant with some more of the almond cream, and sprinkle with some flaked almonds. Bake the pastries until golden brown.
I serve the Croissants straight from the oven with a dusting of icing sugar and some fresh fruit on the side.
They are simply delicious, and a fantastic breakfast or brunch recipe to impress your family and friends.
I do hope you enjoy, and please let me know what you think in the comments! If you have friends or family who love croissants but are not a fan of almonds – you could also warm some croissants and serve with our Easy Strawberry Sauce.
P.S. Looking for some more great breakfast ideas? Have a look at some of our other favourites here:
- Peach, Raspberry and White Chocolate Muffins
- Overnight Oats with Apple and Sultanas
- Healthy Oat and Yoghurt Pancakes
- Peach and Mint Smoothie
Easy Almond Croissants
- 75 g butter at room temperature
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp almond extract use a little extra if you want a heightened almond flavour
- 1/2 cup flaked almonds
- 4 large croissants I use Woolworths or Coles brand usually
- icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 180 Degrees C. (350 F)
- Split the croissants length ways.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place the croissants on the baking tray and bake for 5 mins.
- Meanwhile, place butter, almond meal, icing sugar, flour and essences in a food processor. Process until a smooth paste forms.
- Open each croissant out flat. Spread 1 tablespoon of the mixture over the centre of each warmed croissant. Close to sandwich together.
- Spread about 1 teaspoon of paste over the top of each croissant and sprinkle with flaked almonds.
- Bake for another 10 minutes approximately, until golden.Dust with icing sugar to serve.