Gluten-Free Almond Cookies
These 5 ingredient cookies will become your new favourite sweet treat! When you bite through the crunchy exterior of these biscuits you will discover a rich, chewy interior. The dense texture that the almond meal provides is deeply satisfying.
Servings 24 cookies
- 3 cups almond meal spooned into the cup, loosely packed - See Note 1
- 1 cup caster/superfine sugar
- 1/8 tsp almond essence or to taste
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup flaked almonds
- icing sugar to dust optional
Preheat oven to 180 Degrees C (360 F).Place non-stick baking paper onto oven trays.
Put almond flakes into a flat bowl or onto a plate.
Combine almond meal, sugar and almond essence in a large bowl. Add the lightly beaten egg whites and stir until the mixture forms a firm paste.
Roll small balls of the mixture, about 3 cm (or 1 1/4 inch) in diameter in the flaked almonds.
Place the balls onto baking paper-lined oven trays and gently flatten them a little.
Bake for about 12-15 minutes or until the biscuits are lightly browned.
Cool on racks.Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
- Spoon the almond meal into the cup gently.
Never use the cup to scoop your ingredients – you may compact the contents in the measuring cup, and this will cause the recipe to not work accurately.
- All ovens vary in temperature slightly, and as such we have provided a time range for doneness on this recipe.
- Please note, the nutritional information is based on one cookie. Please note, the nutritional information is an estimate only.
Calories: 139kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 9g | Sodium: 6mg | Potassium: 37mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 9g | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 0.7mg