Roasted Carrot Hummus
Packed full of flavour and nutrition, my Roasted Carrot Hummus is a twist on the classic favourite dip!
Servings 4 people
- 300 g carrots peeled and chopped
- 20 ml olive oil 5ml for roasting carrot, 15ml for dip
- 150 g chickpeas I use organic canned
- 1/2 cup water add additional water if too thick
- 30 ml lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 30 ml tahini well stirred
- 1 small clove garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- roasted chickpeas, cayenne pepper or a drizzle of olive oil
*Tahini is a sesame paste, available in all major supermarkets. You may find with some brands of tahini that it has separated. There will be thick paste on the bottom of the jar and a fair degree of oil on the top. You will need to stir these two together to form a smooth paste.
*Some tins of chickpeas may seem to lack flavour, requiring much more salt and lemon than the others. Adjust the flavour and the texture to suit your requirements.
Calories: 183kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 58mg | Potassium: 383mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 12530IU | Vitamin C: 8.3mg | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 1.6mg