Simple and Delicious Tuna Dip
Tuna is a fantastic pantry staple, and my Simple and Delicious Tuna Dip will show you why! It takes just minutes to whip up, and will be a hit with your family and friends.
Servings 4 people
- 185 g canned tuna in oil I use Sirena
- 1 tsp lemon zest grated
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise good quality whole egg
- 1/2 tsp cayenne optional
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves chopped
- 1 spring/green onion some white and green part, chopped
- parsley, spring onions, lemon zest and/or capers
Prepare your ingredients:Drain your tuna of any excess oil or water.Zest your lemon. Chop your parsley and spring onion.
Place all of the ingredients into a small blender, and blend until the dip has reached a smooth consistency.
Serve in a bowl with a garnish of parsley, spring onion, capers or lemon zest. (Or all of the above!)
- I prefer to use tuna in oil for this dip, as I love the flavour.
- This dip can be prepared the day before it is required. (Do not garnish until serving)
- Use a good quality mayonnaise.
Calories: 170kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 235mg | Potassium: 104mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 465IU | Vitamin C: 6.2mg | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 1mg