Spicy Roasted Almonds
You can have these tasty Spicy Roasted Almonds ready to serve in less than 30 minutes. They are ideal for many specific dietary requirements being gluten-free, vegan and low carb.
Keep them in an airtight container and enjoy them often. This is one irresistible snack which carries no guilt.
Servings 4 people
- 1 cup raw almonds See Note 1
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes See Note 2
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper See Note 3
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil See Note 4
Preheat your oven to 180 Degrees C (350 F).Line a baking tray with some baking/parchment paper.
Mix the almonds, oil, cayenne pepper and salt together in a bowl.
Place the coated almonds on the baking tray, and roast for 15 minutes in the oven.Turn the almonds halfway through to ensure even cooking.
Serve immediately if enjoying warm, or allow to cool completely before storing.
- Ensure your almonds are fresh and in good condition. (Rancid nuts are horrible, and broken nuts will become rancid quicker!)
- You may need more salt - I taste at the end and adjust accordingly.
- Similarly to the salt, you may need more (or less) cayenne. The strength of the cayenne will vary depending on the freshness.
- I use olive oil, but grapeseed oil also works well.
- I recommend using baking/parchment paper to make cleaning easier.
- Allow the nuts to cool completely before storing, if not eating straight away.
Calories: 227kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 582mg | Potassium: 261mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 187IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 94mg | Iron: 1mg