Roasted Mediterranean Olives
My Roasted Mediterranean Olives are a delicious and simple appetiser - perfect to enjoy with a glass of wine!
Servings 8 people
- 3 cups olives See Note 1
- 6 strips lemon peel See Note 2
- 6 strips orange peel See Note 2
- 4 cloves garlic peeled and halved
- 1 long red chilli halved and seeds removed. See Note 3
- 1 tbsp dried oregano See Note 4
- 1/2 cup olive oil extra virgin
Preheat your oven to 180 Degrees C (350 F).Drain any excess liquid from your olives, and place them into a baking dish.
Prepare your other ingredients: strips of peel, garlic cloves and chillies. Place in the baking dish with the olives.
Add the olive oil and dried oregano to the dish, and toss the ingredients together.
Bake for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through.Allow the olives to cool slightly before serving.
- I like to use olives that have the stones in. I use a mix of varieties of olives, for a great contrast of colour.
- I use a vegetable peeler for the strips of peel. Avoid the white pith, as this is bitter.
- I have removed the seeds from the chilli for this recipe, however if you prefer the additional heat, you can certainly leave them in.
- The Australian tablespoon is 20ml or 4 teaspoons. In most other countries the tablespoon is 15ml or 3 teaspoons.
Calories: 198kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 788mg | Potassium: 35mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 210IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 1mg