Homemade Onion Dip (Caramelised Onion Dip)
My Caramelised Onion Dip is a simple, quickly prepared dip which is ideal for easy entertaining and one that the whole family will enjoy. It’s creamy, delicious and full of flavour.
Servings 6 people
- 1 cup (225 g) cream cheese - at room temperature (softened) See Note 1
- ⅔ cup caramelised onion jam See Note 2
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- freshly ground black pepper - to taste
- a sprinkle of fresh thyme as a garnish - optional
Add the softened cream cheese to a food processor, and blend until smooth.
Add remaining ingredients to the blender. Mix until well combined. Season to taste.
Place the dip in a serving dish, and garnish with fresh thyme.Serve with your choice of biscuits, chips or crudites.
- Ensure your cream cheese is at room temperature, so it is soft enough to blend smoothly.
- I use a storebought Caramelised Onion Jam in this recipe, but you could certainly use homemade.
- Please note, the nutritional information is based on this dip being enjoyed as an appetiser by 6 people.
Calories: 178kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 52mg | Sodium: 138mg | Potassium: 118mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Calcium: 67mg | Iron: 1mg