Roasted Bok Choy
Roasted Bok Choy is an ideal side dish that takes only a few minutes of preparation time! Flavoured with honey and soy sauce, this is a delicious and simple dish that will be on regular rotation.
Servings 4 people
- 450 g (1 lb) bok choy - approximately 4 bok choy See Note 1
- 2 tablespoon olive oil See Note 2
- 2 tablespoon honey See Note 2
- 2 tablespoon tamari soy sauce See Notes 2 and 3
- 2 teaspoon white sesame seeds
- red chilli - finely sliced, to garnish
Preheat your oven to 200 degrees C (390 F).
Line two trays with baking paper.
Slice the bok choy in half and trim the base of the stem. Divide the bok choy between two trays, allowing space between each piece. (See Note 4.)
In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, honey and soy sauce.
Drizzle the bok choy with the sauce.
Place the trays in the oven and roast for 10-12 minutes, or until tender.
Place the bok choy in a serving dish, and carefully drizzle the hot sauce over the top from the baking trays.
Serve immediately with a garnish of sesame seeds and red chilli.
- I have used regular bok choy, but baby will work just fine - be sure to adjust the cooking time. (It may take as little as half the cooking time of regular bok choy)
- In Australia, the tablespoon is 20 ml or 4 teaspoons. In many other countries, the tablespoon is 15 ml or 3 teaspoons. Please adjust your measurement if necessary.
- Ensure your tamari is gluten-free if required. You can also use regular soy sauce if you do not require this recipe to be gluten-free.
- The two baking trays allow us to roast the bok choy evenly. Crowding the bok choy will cause them to steam.
Calories: 120kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 577mg | Potassium: 313mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 10g | Calcium: 130mg | Iron: 1mg