Homemade Pita Chips
With this simple recipe, you will be able to make perfect, crispy, Homemade Pita Chips. Keep some on hand to have with your favourite dips, to enjoy as a snack, accompany soup or add to a cheeseboard.
Servings 4 people
- 3 small whole wheat pita bread pockets
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil See Note 1
- sea salt - to taste See Notes 2 and 3
Preheat your oven to 200 degrees C (400 F).
Line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
Cut each pita bread in quarters and split each quarter so you have two thin pieces.
Brush with olive oil and season with sea salt.
Bake for 5 minutes until the pita chips are lightly golden and crispy.
Serve immediately or allow to cool before storing in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- In Australia, the tablespoon is 20 ml or 4 teaspoons. In many other countries, the tablespoon is 15 ml or 3 teaspoons. Please adjust your measurement if necessary.
- See above, in the main post, for more herb and spice suggestions.
- For additional texture, I like to use salt flakes but this is optional. Use coarse salt if you prefer but avoid table salt as it is too fine and is stronger tasting.
- Please note, the nutritional information is based on four servings. It does not include what the pita chips are served with. The nutritional information is an estimate only.
Calories: 87kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 93mg | Potassium: 36mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Calcium: 3mg | Iron: 1mg