Apricot Goat Cheese Bites
If you are looking for an easy, make-ahead appetiser, my Apricot and Goat Cheese Bites are perfect. This is a simple, elegant and delicious canape which is suitable for any party or ideal for the festive season. They taste fantastic and they are so easy to make.
Servings 20 cheese bites
- 2/3 cup (150 g) soft, creamy fresh goat cheese - at room temperature See Note 1
- 1/2 cup (95 g) soft dried apricots - finely chopped See Note 2
- 1/2 cup (50 g) pistachios - finely chopped See Note 3
- crackers for serving - optional
Place the goat cheese into a medium-size bowl. Using a fork, mash it and mix it well until it is smooth and creamy.
Chop the dried apricots finely.
Add the dried apricots to the goat cheese, mix to combine.
Using a teaspoon, take a small amount of mixture and roll it into small balls.– see Note 3
Add the balls to the crushed pistachios and lightly toss to coat them.
Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate the balls to firm the cheese.Remove from the refrigerator about a half-hour before serving. Serve with crackers if desired.
- Use a soft goat cheese for this recipe. It should be at room temperature to ensure it is easy to mix and form into the bites.
- The apricots must be soft; I have used Turkish apricots. This is the weight when chopped.
- This is an approximate amount. The amount may vary slightly; you may need to add a few more chopped pistachios. To roll the balls easily, you will likely have some leftover. Rather than waste them, add them to the top of a salad.
My pistachios were both unsalted and unroasted.
- Make them to this stage if you wish to prepare them a day ahead otherwise, the pistachios will soften a little. Add the chopped pistachios shortly before serving.
- Please note, the nutritional information is per cheese bite. It does not include if you serve them with a cracker or other item.
Calories: 45kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 28mg | Potassium: 71mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 203IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 1mg