Mediterranean Bread Dipping Oil
This delicious Bread Dipping Oil with Mediterranean flavours takes minutes to prepare, and makes a fabulous appetiser! Serve with your favourite bread, some shavings of Parmesan cheese and a glass of wine!
Servings 6 people
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) extra virgin olive oil See Note 1
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped/minced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt flakes See Note 2
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 - 1 tsp dried red chilli flakes See Note 3
Combine all of your ingredients in a bowl.
Allow the flavours to develop for 30 minutes, and serve with your favourite bread.
- Using a good quality Olive Oil is important for the success of this recipe.
- Use sea salt flakes for the best flavour and texture. Adjust the amount of salt to your taste.
- Adjust the amount of red pepper flakes depending on the amount of heat you like. We use 1 tsp, as we love a slight heat.
- Please note, the nutritional information is based on this being enjoyed as an appetiser between 6 people. You can adjust the amount you make accordingly, or it does keep for 3 days.
Calories: 242kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 397mg | Potassium: 10mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 148IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 6mg | Iron: 1mg