Tamari Roasted Pepitas
My Tamari Roasted Pepitas are a satisfying, savoury and crunchy snack that will delight your taste buds. This very easy and healthy snack will become your new favourite!
Servings 2 people
- ½ cup pepitas See Note 1
- 2 teaspoon olive oil See Note 2
- 2 teaspoon tamari or soy sauce See Note 3
Preheat your oven to 180 Degrees C (355F).
Line a small baking sheet with baking paper.
In a small bowl, combine the pepitas, olive oil and tamari, and stir well to combine.
Put the pepitas in a single layer on the baking tray.
Bake for 8-10 minutes, tossing half way through to ensure they roast evenly. Be careful not to burn!
Remove from the oven, and allow to cool slightly before consuming.
- Be sure to purchase natural pepitas, and not ones that have already been roasted.
- I like using olive oil in this recipe, but any neutral oil will work fine.
- I use tamari, as I love the flavour, and it also means it can be enjoyed by people who are unable to eat gluten. You can certainly use regular soy sauce if you prefer.
- Please note, the nutritional information is based on two servings of approximately ¼ cup.
Calories: 133kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 336mg | Potassium: 129mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 2mg