Gluten-Free Banana Blondies
These Gluten-Free Banana Blondies are rich, buttery and fudgy with the fresh, vibrant flavour of banana. They are so quick and easy to make they are certain to become a family favourite.
Servings 10 people
- 2 cups (300g) gluten-free plain/all-purpose flour See Note 1
- 1 1/2 cups (300g) brown sugar
- 1 cup (250g) butter See Note 2
- 2 eggs See Note 3
- 2 overripe bananas See Note 4
- 3 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped nuts or chocolate
Preheat your oven to 175 Degrees C (350 F).
Line a 22×22 cm (9×9 inch) tin with baking paper. We recommend allowing some overhang, to make it easier to remove the blondies. Spray the baking paper with a little oil. This will stop the slice from sticking.
Melt your butter.
Mash the bananas until smooth.
Combine the bananas, melted butter, eggs, vanilla, brown sugar and salt.
Add in the flour, and mix well to combine.
Pour the batter into your prepared tin. Spread evenly with a spatula.
Bake in your pre-heated oven for 45 minutes, or until cooked through.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before attempting to cut as they will fall apart if they are still too warm.
- Use a regular all-purpose/plain flour if you require. (This has been tested, and works perfectly)
Our gluten-free flour blends contain either xanthan or guar gum to stabilise and provide structure to our recipes. If your flour blend already contains either of these gums, there is no need to add more.
- Use unsalted butter to best control the salt in baking.
- Use room temperature eggs for best results. We use large eggs in this recipe.
- Use bananas that have gone past eating stage - they need to still be fine to bake with and will have the most intense banana flavour.
- For the most accurate measurements when baking, we suggest you weigh your ingredients.
- The serving size and nutritional information is based on the bars being cut into 10 and one being enjoyed as a serving.
- Please note, the optional extras are not included in the nutritional information (as we did not use them.)
- The Banana Blondies really need to chill before cutting, otherwise, they will fall apart.
Calories: 406kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 257mg | Potassium: 146mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 36g | Vitamin A: 630IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 1mg