Red Kidney Bean Dip
Easy dips like my Red Kidney Bean Dip are fantastic recipes to have in your repertoire. Not only do they take just minutes to prepare, they’re delicious. This dip is full of flavour and so satisfying.
Servings 4 people
- 435 g can of red kidney beans See Note 1
- 1 small garlic clove
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil See Note 2
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- fresh parsley to garnish
- long red chilli to garnish (optional)
Drain your kidney beans and rinse well.
Add your kidney beans, garlic, salt, pepper and olive oil to a blender or food processor.
Blend until the beans are a smooth consistency. Scrape down the bowl if necessary. If your dip is too thick for your liking, add a little water to achieve the desired consistency.
Garnish the dip with chopped parsley and fresh chilli and a drizzle of olive oil.
- I use a can of red kidney beans for this recipe, which I rinse and drain well. You can also use dried beans which you have soaked and cooked.
- I love the depth of flavour the Extra Virgin Olive Oil gives to this dip. Although optional, I like to drizzle a little extra oil as a garnish.
Calories: 182kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 279mg | Potassium: 283mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 2g | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 1mg