Gluten-Free Easter Cookie Nests
These easy to prepare Easter sweet treats are so delicious, and so much fun!
Servings 14 Cookies
- 3 cups almond meal spooned into the cup, loosely packed - See Note 1
- 1 cup caster/superfine sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon almond essence or to taste
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- Cadbury Mini Eggs to decorate
Preheat oven to 170 Degrees C (340 F).Place non-stick baking paper onto oven trays.
Put shredded coconut into a flat bowl or onto a plate.
Combine almond meal, sugar and almond essence in a large bowl. Add the lightly beaten egg whites and stir until the mixture forms a firm paste.
Roll small balls of the mixture, about 4 cm (or 1 ½ inch) in diameter in the shredded coconut.
Place the balls onto baking paper-lined oven trays and gently flatten them a little, before pressing down in the centre to make a nest shape.
Bake for about 18-20 minutes or until the biscuits are lightly browned.Cover with foil for the last 2 minutes if the coconut is browning too quickly. Cool on racks.Decorate with Mini Eggs.
- Spoon the almond meal into the cup gently.
Never use the cup to scoop your ingredients – you may compact the contents in the measuring cup, and this will cause the recipe to not work accurately.
- All ovens vary in temperature slightly, and as such we have provided a time range for doneness on this recipe.
Calories: 227kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 28mg | Potassium: 32mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 18g | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 1mg