Smoked Salmon Pate
Smoked Salmon Pate - a delicious dip made with very few ingredients! It will be a hit at your dinner parties.
Servings 4 people
- 150 g hot smoked salmon pieces or trout
- 1 tsp butter cold
- 1 1/2 tsp brandy or cognac
- 1/3 cup thickened cream
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- cayenne pepper and spring onion optional
Peel the skin from your smoked salmon pieces. Discard the skin.
Put all of the ingredients into a small blender, and blend until the mixture is smooth.
Put the pate in a serving dish, and garnish with cayenne pepper and/or finely sliced spring onion. I like to serve with toasted bread, but it is also delicious with crackers or crudites.
* The dip itself is gluten-free and can be served with gluten-free crackers or crudites as required.
* It can be made the day before - just save the garnish until serving.
* Use good quality hot smoked salmon pieces - it will give you more flavour and better texture.
Calories: 125kcal | Protein: 7g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 38mg | Sodium: 310mg | Potassium: 80mg | Vitamin A: 355IU | Vitamin C: 0.3mg | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 0.3mg