Roasted Capsicum Soup with Basil Oil
Vibrant in colour and full of flavour, this soup is an ideal starter or easy meal. Vegan and gluten-free!
Servings 4 people
For the soup -
- 2 red capsicums bell peppers
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 2 medium brown onions
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- salt and pepper to taste
Basil oil -
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil extra virgin
Preheat your oven to 200 Degrees C (390 F).Line a sheet pan with foil. Halve your red peppers and remove the seeds and membrane.Peel and halve your onions.Quarter your tomatoes.
Place the peppers, onions and tomatoes on your sheet pan, and drizzle with olive oil, oregano and salt and pepper.
Roast in the oven for 30 minutes.
Place the cooked vegetables in either a blender or a saucepan (if you have an immersion blender). Add the vegetable stock, and blend until a smooth consistency.
To make the basil oil, place the basil and oil in a small blender or food processor and whiz until smooth.
Check to make sure the seasoning is to your liking.Serve soup with a drizzle of the basil oil. Enjoy!
* Serves 4 people as a starter/entree or 2 people as a main course.
* The herb oil also works well with parsley, if you don't have any basil.
* I have used vegetable stock to keep the recipe vegan, but you can use chicken stock if you prefer.
Calories: 195kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 243mg | Potassium: 360mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 2660IU | Vitamin C: 89mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 0.8mg