This delectably rich, easy to make Triple Chocolate Cherry Fudge is an ideal festive dessert. It makes a wonderful gift and is great to have on hand for entertaining!
Chocolate and cherry really are a match made in heaven. With the addition of toasted coconut, this is a delicious dessert with all the lovely flavours of a Cherry Ripe.
I love a dish that can be made in advance, and my Triple Chocolate Cherry Fudge fits that bill perfectly.
The fudge lasts in a cool pantry or the fridge for a week (that is, if you can resist eating it!)
It is so easy to make –
I firstly line a brownie pan with some baking paper and set aside.
From here, I prepare the coconut – toasting both desiccated and shredded for a delicious combination of textures. Chop up your glace cherries – I like mine halved, but you could quarter or even leave whole if you prefer.
Dark and milk chocolate is melted with the condensed milk and stirred until smooth.
The chocolate and condensed milk mixture then
Once your ingredients are well combined, they just need to be added to your pre-prepared
I then remove the fudge from the tin and flip it over on a wooden board. Remove the baking paper. To make this the ultimate Triple Chocolate Fudge, you’ll need to melt some white chocolate and spread over the top of thecooled fudge. I use a fork to make a swirling pattern.
Once the white chocolate has set, I cut the fudge into slices. You could even get creative, and use a cookie cutter for some fun shapes!
The fudge is delicious served as a petit four after dinner or as a morning or afternoon snack with a delicious cup of coffee.
The Triple Chocolate Cherry Fudge also makes an ideal festive gift – put on a pretty plate or in a cellophane bag, and you’ll havethe perfect host present!
I hope you’ll love this Chocolate Fudge as much as I do – let me know your thoughts in the comments below. Be sure to try our recipe for Caramel Fudge, also!
Triple Chocolate Cherry Fudge
- 200 g dark cooking chocolate good quality (broken into small pieces)
- 175 g milk cooking chocolate good quality (broken into small pieces)
- 100 g white cooking chocolate good quality (broken into small pieces)
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 395 g condensed milk 1 can
- 150 g glace red cherries chopped in half or quarters
For accuracy, we recommend weighing your ingredients. This will produce the best results.
- Line a 27cm x 18cm (11″ x 7″) tin with baking paper.
- Place the coconut in a small heated frying pan over a low heat. Stir until lightly toasted – this takes a couple of minutes. Be careful not to burn. Set aside.
- Chop your glace cherries – I like mine halved. You can chop smaller if you wish, or leave whole.
- Combine the dark and milk chocolate and condensed milk in a heatproof bowl.
- Stir bowl over a saucepan of simmering water until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Add the coconut and cherries to the chocolate and stir. You need to move quickly at this point as the mixture will start to set.
- Press the mixture into your lined tin – using the back of a spoon to smooth out.Allow the fudge to cool for 10 minutes, before putting in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Turn the cooled fudge out onto a board and remove the baking paper.
- Place white chocolate in a heatproof bowl, and stir bowl over a simmering pot of water.
- Once the chocolate has melted, remove from heat and spread over the fudge.
- Using a fork, create a swirl pattern.
- Once the white chocolate has set, cut the fudge into slices. Enjoy!
The nutritional information is an estimate only, and is derived from online calculators. For accurate results, we recommend calculating the nutritional information based on the ingredients and brands you use.
This was such a treat to make and eat! The coconut, cherry, and chocolate went together so well. I never would have thought to use coconut in this but it was amazing. It added just the right amount of sweetness and tropical flavor!
Hello Amber, I am so pleased that you enjoyed the Triple Chocolate Cherry Fudge. Thank you for letting me know. 🙂
Helen @ family-friends-food.com
I love the combination of cherries and chocolate – this is divine!
Hi Helen, this really is a great combination of flavours; such delicious fudge. I am so pleased that you like it. 🙂
You had me at triple chocolate. Chocolate and cherry is such an amazing flavour combo too.
Right? Can’t beat it! Thanks, Dannii!
My family really enjoyed it!! They’ve been asking me to make it again!
Exactly what we like to hear! Thanks for letting us know, Toni!
First of all, you had me at “triple chocolate.” But adding cherries and coconut takes this to a whole new level. I will make this again and again!!
That’s two fantastic words, I agree – triple chocolate! Add some cherries and coconut and it’s irresistible. Enjoy. 🙂