Overnight Oats – a nourishing breakfast for all too enjoy.
I don’t know about you, but sometimes I am one of those people who take a long time to wake up in the morning! (Hence one of my favourite quotes – “I don’t really rise and shine. Most days I just caffeinate and hope for the best.” 🙂 )
That is just one of the many reasons why I adore Overnight Oats.
Aside from being a satisfying breakfast, let me introduce you to some of the other reasons why I know you’ll love this recipe:
* You make it the night before (I love meals that can be prepared in advance, it is such a satisfying feeling!)
* It takes a matter of minutes
* It’s healthy
* Easily able to be eaten on the run
Let’s not forget also – oats have incredible health benefits! They are a good source of fibre, are rich in antioxidants and can lower cholesterol levels.
Additionally, you can adapt this recipe to your own personal taste. It works so well with any form of fresh or dried fruit. Pick whatever you enjoy that is in season.
With the majority of us leading very busy lives, it is important that we are not skipping meals.
Breakfast is one of those meals that we frequently neglect. With these Overnight Oats, there really is no excuse.
So, tell me, are you a busy parent? Or perhaps you like to snooze your alarm and stay in bed until the last minute? Indeed, you may just like being super organised. Either way, I think you’ll like this recipe for Overnight Oats.
Do let me know your thoughts!
P.S. Furthermore, if you are looking for another breakfast recipe – one of my favourites to make on the weekend: Healthy Oat Yoghurt Pancakes
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 apple grated
- 1/4 cup sultanas (or other dried fruit of choice)
- 1 cup almond milk (or other milk of choice)
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Combine all ingredients together.
- Divide the mixture in two, and store in mason jars (or bowls) overnight.
- In the morning, enjoy your delicious breakfast!
I top mine with some coconut yoghurt and fresh fruit.