These flourless cookies are a breeze to make. Just add all the ingredients to a bowl and mix them together.
After thoroughly mixing, set the bowl aside for 10 minutes and the dough will firm up a little. Roll the dough into balls. The high oil content of the peanut butter means the dough will not stick to your hands. Place the balls on a tray, mark a crosshatch pattern with a fork and bake for 10-12 minutes.
When you remove them from the oven you will need to exercise patience.
They smell fantastic and are so tempting but they must be cooled before they’re eaten otherwise they will crumble in your hand – I know from experience.
Some similar recipes require a full cup of granulated sugar but I’ve chosen to use brown sugar for a more caramelised flavour, and I’ve cut the quantity to ¾ cup.
In addition, I use a crunchy peanut butter as opposed to smooth to give the biscuits a little more crunch.
I also use natural peanut butter as some of the regular supermarket brands are mixed with vegetable oils of unknown origin. Natural peanut butter, not surprisingly, contains the natural peanut oils. In addition, I was shocked to discover that some brands of peanut butter contain “Antioxidant 320”. Now, that sounds harmless but a little research revealed that this product is banned in some countries and is derived from… wait for it… petroleum!
I do hope you will try this recipe. These cookies are quick and easy and are ideal to make with children. Enjoy peanut butter as much as we do!?
Give our other delicious peanut butter recipes a try:
More delicious cookie recipes:
Xx Alex and Faye
Easy Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup natural peanut butter (crunchy or creamy)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg (large)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- melted chocolate (optional – for drizzling on cookies)
- Place all the ingredients into a medium sized bowl and thoroughly mix them together.Set the bowl aside for 10 minutes to firm the dough.
- Meanwhile, line two rimmed baking sheets with baking paper.Preheat your oven to 180 Degrees C (350 F)
- Remove some dough with a teaspoon and roll with your hands into balls about 2 ½ cm/1” diameter and place them onto prepared baking sheets. Lightly press tops of cookies with the tines of a fork, flattening them a little and making a crosshatch pattern.
- Put both trays in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, swapping the trays halfway through, until the cookies are golden brown on the edges.
- Allow cookies to cool on the tray for five minutes, and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 4 – 5 days.I drizzled a little melted chocolate on some of the cookies as peanut butter and chocolate go so well together but this is optional.